It’s Saturday! Do you have kids around this weekend? Nobody knows how to have fun with the items on hand like a teacher at a Compassion International child care center! Check out a ton of fun activities in Compassion’s online kidzine, Compassion Explorer:
- Make a schoolbus, to celebrate the fact that there’s no bus on Monday!
- Form a family band—or send the noisy kiddos outside to form a garage band 😉 Compassion Explorer has directions on how to make a Shekere, maraccas, and stompin’ feet.
- Get your game on. Play Mancala, Osselets or the Bottle Cap Memory Game.
- If you live in a place where the leaves are already falling, make a Rain Forest in a Bottle, to remind you that somewhere it’s still summer.
- Create a masterpiece. There are ideas for making sculptures, placemats, rugs, baskets, t-shirts, soap, candles and owls. Yep, owls.
This month, I’m participating in Compassion International’s “Release 3” project, praying that the children whose information I have on my desk today will connect with a few of you. John Michael, Mathias and Deysi need a few years of your time and $38 per month, to make it through those upcoming teen years and into an adulthood that holds real promise instead of just dreams. In case you wonder, I will never take your money or your credit info. I will send you to the Compassion site and providing you with sign-up information. I get nothing but the joy of knowing that I helped a few more children by spreading the word.
Please share this with your friends and let me know if you’d like to sponsor one of these children. If you have any difficulty responding through WordPress, find me on Facebook or email me at email@example.com.
Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come unto me.”